War

 The Lord has said that in the last days there will be “wars and rumors of wars, and the whole earth shall be in commotion, and men’s hearts shall fail them” (Doctrine and Covenants 45:26). 
As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we are a people of peace. We follow the Savior, who is the Prince of Peace. We look forward to His millennial reign, when wars will end, and peace will be restored to the earth (see Isaiah 2:4).

The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has issued the following statement:                                                                                           

We are heartbroken and deeply concerned by the armed conflict now raging. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has members in each of the affected areas and throughout the world. Our minds and hearts have been turned toward them and all our brothers and sisters.

We continue to pray for peace. We know that enduring peace can be found through Jesus Christ. He can calm and comfort our souls even in the midst of terrible conflicts. He taught us to love God and our neighbors.

We pray that this armed conflict will end quickly, that the controversies will end peacefully, and that peace will prevail among nations and within our own hearts. We plead with world leaders to seek for such resolutions and peace.

The First Presidency

The current conflict is like the above dino attacking the below dino.  Huge vs Tiny.
The other thing that bothers me is that neither people want this only one man with lots of power wanting more.
It breaks my heart to see what humanity will do against humanity.  I am very sad for the peoples of both countries.  Often in the past there has been a buildup of propaganda so that one hates the other - that hasn't happened that I am aware of.  I know we have some senators that stated if this aggression moves forward, "there needs to be dead Russians at the border" - that is a horrible thing to say.  I am impressed with the people of Russia openly protesting - they are risking their lives to do so.  (We are so soft in America there have been riots and protests but no fear of repercussion until Jan 6th.  Our laws can be twisted too against a particular belief.) It is easy to forget that other countries do not have the freedoms we enjoy.

I pray for the people involved in this conflict - I was a little surprised that the leaders pray that the armed conflict will end quickly however, maybe that is code for praying for the second coming.  That is the only way peace will come to the world if the scriptures are to be believed.  

I can find peace in my own heart and love for my neighbor, all neighbors.  I can pray for those with heart ache, loss, illness and pain of all sorts.  I can look forward to true peace.

I have come along way - growing up we knew Russia was out to get us, Russian spies were everywhere.  Since my son went to Russia, I recognize that just like here in America the government is not the people.  Shame and condemnation to the leaders that choose hate and dominion over others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be a peacemaker ---

Where do you stand ---

True Friends