Learning comes in unexpected times
"The fact that you are in mortality now assures us that you sustained the Father and the Savior. It took faith in Jesus Christ to sustain the plan of happiness and Jesus Christ's place in it when you knew so little of the challenges that you would face in mortality."
Henry B Eyring "The Power of Sustaining Faith" April 2019 General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints.
I was sitting in Sacrament meeting during the passing of the Sacrament and thinking about Jesus Christ. I decided to go through the life of Christ that I knew but this time I started in the pre-earth life. All of a sudden I had liquid in my eyes as I realized that I trusted Him long, long before He did His part. I knew Him and believed Him before coming here to the earth. Then the other side came to me that I also believed in me and He believed in me that I could make it through this life and rejoin Him and the Father.
If I hadn't I would have chosen to follow the other brother that thought of a way to guarantee the way back .... the only problem is that it wouldn't have worked because our choice is so important.
It was an interesting thought process and I am very glad that I had the opportunity to come up with the idea and feeling which turned into a testimony. Then I heard the above quote which confirmed I had been taught an eternal truth by myself. Good times.
Comments